"This really wasn't suppose to be a business, we were just trying to support local and get people together. " - Ray
August 2020: My wife and I were looking for fresh local free-range beef weekly, with some basic criteria. We wanted fresh not frozen, free-range, hormone-free, local and most importantly, local. We were simply tired of eating crap beef being passed off as "premium". ( It's crazy how many buzz words there are just to make us think it's actually good). As a chef, I spent over a year in a butcher shop as part of my apprenticeship, and several years in country clubs and in fine dining. I've seen really great beef. Grocery stores do not have good beef! I just don't understand how the meat gets that colour.
The Conversation with the Farmer.
While reaching out to several local farmers, we found a local farmer who offered fresh beef weekly. While we were speaking, he offered up a 10% discount to group orders, GREAT! I just happen to be an admin to a restaurant group so I thought, meh, sure, let's see what happens. Well, turns out that there's many people like my wife and I who want clean fresh beef . Things kinda took off from there.
How to Order.
You can use the shopping cart and pay debit and credit.
The website exists as there are so many people ordering I can't keep track. The website has really helped keep everything in order.
Have a special request, shoot an email with your questions and cuts.
We can custom cut anything for you. This said, depending on your request, there may be a price increase.
Here's the scoop, I don't get the money to the abattoir in time we don't get our order. I respect their request. Payments are to be made the day you order.
How it works. (limited to 20 customers per deadline)
Okay, so by now you've read the above. Simply put this is a collective order.
* To streamline the ordering please use the website. (if you do not do debit or credit, please email or call to sort something out)
* We put in your order to the processing facility (abattoir) on the 1st and 15th, The abattoir will call me with-in 7-10 business days with your order. The is not guaranteed delivery date, ever. We don't inventory product and all meat is cut fresh. So, available days can very.
* Once we receive a call everyone will be notified that their order is ready. Pick-up days will vary. Delivery is local only and will be $25. There is not time of day guarantee for deliveries, I get there when I get there. Although, you will be notified which day. Please make sure someone is home or you have means to keep your order cool if no one os there to accept the order.
* Deadlines the 1st and the 15th. Pickup will be at Snowball Garden Centre until the end of May. From there, we are going back to truck pick-up. Previously it was Home Depot, think I'll be changing it up, not sure where, still Aurora though.
* As it's impossible to make your order exact weight, you will owe for the overages on pickup. Please be prepared to pay a little more. Depending on your order, it could $2.00 to $60. Really depends on how many products. Yes, I will ask for the $2.00 as our prices are very low, we need to recoup costs.
* Porterhouse, T-bones, wing steak and rib steak are heavy. 3-5 steaks at 1.25" will weight over 5lbs and there may only be 3-4 steaks depending on the size of the cow. Picking your thickness will determine your steak count. Or, choose your cut knowing you'll need to pay the difference.
All beef is 100% Ontario, grass-fed and local. and free of GMO.
All beef is slaughtered, hung for 20days and butchered in the same processing facility.
The processing facility is Ontario inspected.
All meat is vacuum sealed.
We love local free-range beef, well, ... chicken and pork too, but mostly beef. Serving Aurora, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Toronto, Markham, KW, Hamilton, Oakville, Mississauga, Scarborough and areas.
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
No one really calls, so please drop us a message and we'll get back to you ASAP.
09:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.